By Christophe Caloz
Electromagnetic metamaterials-from primary physics to complicated engineering applications
This booklet offers an unique generalized transmission line technique linked to non-resonant constructions that convey better bandwidths, decrease loss, and better layout flexibility. it's in accordance with the radical suggestion of composite right/left-handed (CRLH) transmission line metamaterials (MMs), which has resulted in the advance of novel guided-wave, radiated-wave, and refracted-wave units and structures.
The authors brought this strong new idea and are consequently capable of provide readers deep perception into the basic physics had to comprehend the expertise. furthermore, they supply a number of functional engineering applications.
The e-book starts with an introductory bankruptcy that areas resonant sort and transmission line metamaterials in old standpoint. the subsequent six chapters supply readers a great origin within the basics and sensible applications:
* basics of LH MMs describes the basic physics and unique houses of left-handed metamaterials
* TL conception of MMs establishes the rules of CRLH constructions in 3 revolutionary steps: perfect transmission line, LC community, and genuine allotted structure
* Two-Dimensional MMs develops either a transmission matrix approach and a transmission line solution to handle the matter of finite-size 2nd metamaterials all for arbitrary sources
* Guided-Wave purposes and Radiated-Wave functions current a couple of groundbreaking functions built via the authors
* the way forward for MMs units forth a professional view on destiny demanding situations and prospects
This engineering method of metamaterials paves the way in which for a brand new iteration of microwave and photonic units and constructions. it's endorsed for electric engineers, in addition to physicists and optical engineers, with an curiosity in useful destructive refractive index buildings and fabrics.