By Justin Seitz
Python is speedy changing into the programming language of selection for hackers, opposite engineers, and software program testers simply because it is simple to jot down fast, and it has the low-level help and libraries that make hackers satisfied. yet earlier, there was no actual guide on find out how to use Python for quite a few hacking initiatives. You needed to dig via discussion board posts and guy pages, without end tweaking your personal code to get every thing operating. now not anymore.
Gray Hat Python explains the options at the back of hacking instruments and strategies like debuggers, trojans, fuzzers, and emulators. yet writer Justin Seitz is going past idea, exhibiting you ways to harness current Python-based defense instruments - and the way to construct your personal whilst the pre-built ones will not lower it.
You'll learn the way to:
- Automate tedious reversing and safeguard tasks
- Design and software your personal debugger
- Learn how you can fuzz home windows drivers and create robust fuzzers from scratch
- Have enjoyable with code and library injection, smooth and difficult hooking recommendations, and different software program trickery
- Sniff safe site visitors out of an encrypted net browser session
- Use PyDBG, Immunity Debugger, Sulley, IDAPython, PyEMU, and more
The world's most sensible hackers are utilizing Python to do their handiwork. should not you?
Read or Download Gray Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Reverse Engineers PDF
Best Computers books
Database structures and database layout know-how have passed through major evolution in recent times. The relational facts version and relational database platforms dominate company functions; in flip, they're prolonged by means of different applied sciences like info warehousing, OLAP, and knowledge mining. How do you version and layout your database software in attention of latest know-how or new enterprise wishes?
&>Computer Networking keeps with an early emphasis on application-layer paradigms and alertness programming interfaces (the best layer), encouraging a hands-on adventure with protocols and networking techniques, sooner than operating down the protocol stack to extra summary layers. This e-book has develop into the dominant publication for this path as a result authors’ reputations, the precision of rationalization, the standard of the paintings software, and the worth in their personal supplementations.
Considering that its advent over a decade in the past, the Microsoft SQL Server question language, Transact-SQL, has develop into more and more renowned and extra robust. the present model activities such complicated positive aspects as OLE Automation aid, cross-platform querying amenities, and full-text seek administration. This publication is the consummate consultant to Microsoft Transact-SQL.
Facts buildings and challenge fixing utilizing Java takes a realistic and special approach to information constructions that separates interface from implementation. it really is compatible for the second one or 3rd programming direction. This ebook presents a pragmatic advent to information buildings with an emphasis on summary considering and challenge fixing, in addition to using Java.
Additional resources for Gray Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Reverse Engineers
10. five. win32-py2. five. exe).  Impacket is a demand for pcapy to operate; see http://oss. coresecurity. com/repo/Impacket-0. nine. 6. zero. zip. bankruptcy 10. FUZZING home windows DRIVERS Attacking home windows drivers is changing into regular for computer virus hunters and take advantage of builders alike. even supposing there were a few distant assaults on drivers long ago few years, it truly is way more universal to exploit a neighborhood assault opposed to a motive force to acquire escalated privileges at the compromised computing device. within the past bankruptcy, we used Sulley to discover a stack overflow in WarFTPD. What we did not recognize was once that the WarFTPD daemon was once operating as a restricted consumer, primarily the person that had begun the executable. If we have been to assault it remotely, we might turn out with in simple terms constrained privileges at the computing device, which in certain cases critically hinders what sort of details we will be able to scouse borrow from that host in addition to what prone we will be able to entry. If we had identified there has been a driving force put in at the neighborhood computing device that was once liable to an overflow or impersonation assault, shall we have used that driving force as a way to acquire process privileges and feature unfettered entry to the computer and all its juicy info. to ensure that us to have interaction with a motive force, we have to transition among consumer mode and kernel mode. We do that by means of passing details to the driving force utilizing input/output controls (IOCTLs), that are exact gateways that permit user-mode companies or functions to entry kernel units or elements. as with all technique of passing details from one software to a different, we will be able to take advantage of insecure implementations of IOCTL handlers to realize escalated privileges or thoroughly crash a aim process. we are going to first disguise the way to connect with a neighborhood gadget that implements IOCTLs in addition to the best way to factor IOCTLs to the units in query. From there we'll discover utilizing Immunity Debugger to mutate IOCTLs sooner than they're despatched to a driving force. subsequent we are going to use the debugger's integrated static research library, driverlib, to supply us with a few certain information regarding a objective motive force. we are going to additionally glance less than the hood of driverlib and the best way to decode very important keep watch over flows, equipment names, and IOCTL codes from a compiled motive force dossier. and at last we will take our effects from driverlib to construct attempt situations for a standalone driving force fuzzer, loosely in line with a fuzzer I published known as ioctlizer. Let's start. driving force conversation virtually each motive force on a home windows approach registers with the working procedure with a particular equipment identify and a symbolic hyperlink that allows consumer mode to procure a deal with to the driving force in order that it might probably converse with it. We use the CreateFileW name exported from kernel32. dll to acquire this deal with. The functionality prototype feels like the next: deal with WINAPI CreateFileW( LPCTSTR lpFileName, DWORD dwDesiredAccess, DWORD dwShareMode, LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES lpSecurityAttributes, DWORD dwCreationDisposition, DWORD dwFlagsAndAttributes, deal with hTemplateFile ); the 1st parameter is the identify of the dossier or machine that we want to receive a deal with to; it will be the symbolic hyperlink worth that our objective motive force exports.